Saturday, August 27, 2011

Method to My Maddness

I am mad, that's a fact. Not mad as in angry, but mad in the kind of kooky, a little crazy, and totally neurotic about certain things (pink bookshelf) way. So given that I KNOW this about myself, one would think that I would be closer to the acceptance stage of it all. Closer to being okay with the fact that although I write 1 new page a day, I also usually erase one whole page a day. This process feels like treading water most of the time, and I am sure you call can imagine how treading water for 4 years can become kind of maddening. But the whole point of this blog, which I have dutifully neglected for a week, was to try and sort through the madness, is try to make my process a little less nerve inducing.

Last week while I was having lunch with a friend from school (goal met), I was complaining about this madness when she kindly reminded me that we all have a process. Her's involves reading for months before writing, mine involves writing, reading, and then rewriting until I get totally burnt out. m Different, but no less anxiety provoking. So I guess my point to this post, and excuse me if there is no point, is that even as I fulfill my challenge goals, I still must try to  find peace with my crazy.

here's to hoping.


No comments:

Post a Comment