Monday, August 15, 2011

Home Sweet Home

This week I am meeting one of my goals of spending time with my family. There is something really nice about just being at "home", even if that home is 200 miles away from all of my books! However, getting in my obligatory hour of new writing per day is difficult. Even though nobody is home during the day and I have a nice office space set up in he guest room, I still have to fight the urge to curl up, watch TV, and sleep. What is it about being at my parents house, even at the age of 30!, that makes me want to veg out. I know that I am not alone on this, I have talked to numerous people who also admit to visiting their families and sleeping/eating the days away.

So the writing has been a bit of a challenge. I did however annotate one source, mentally outline my new prospectus, and do a ton of editing and re-reading. I also minimized my editing while re-reading by making huge all caps notes in the places that I know I need to go back to. I have also found a new procrastinating project: locating that perfect pink bookshelf (don't ask). So between the trips downstairs to supply myself with the endless bounty of snacks here, and meeting my writing goals, I have been pursuing the world wide web for the one item that probably only exists in my imagination. At least I know this procrastinating project won't be getting old anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment